Some items in this post have been provided for review.
Today I have another Born Pretty Store product review to share with you. The Born Pretty store is a huge online store with just about every nail art item you can imagine available. Today I have one of their full-nail water decals to show you. This is pattern #190 of their Fantasy Colourful Flower Print decals. I love the colours and the details of the pattern! This product comes as a single rectangular sheet with the pattern on it. You cut out the right size for each nail, dip it in water for about 30 seconds, then slide the decal off the backing and apply it to the nail. I finished off with a top coat to keep the decals in place. I’ve decided to share my thoughts on this product with a few pros and cons:
- The gorgeous pattern and colours!
- It’s very quick nail art and you wouldn’t be able to create a pattern like this any other way.
- Water decals can be repositioned more easily than stickers – just wet your nail before applying and then you can slide the decal around until it’s in place. Once you’re happy with the positioning, dab away excess water with a piece of paper towel.
- The sheet of decals was smaller than I was expecting and I think it’d be tough to get a full manicure out of it (especially if you have longer nails). I chose my favourite parts of the sheet for each nail and only had enough for a couple of nails left. If you used it more economically, you might be able to get a full mani out of it, but I’m not so sure. You’d likely have to order 2 sheets or just do accent nails.
- The code number of the product is right in the middle of the decal sheet! That really annoyed me as it restricted the ways I could cut out the pattern. The code should be moved to the edge of the sheet!
- I always struggle to cut products like this to the right size for my nails. This is an issue I have with all kinds of nail wraps and decals, not specific to these.
A few final notes on the decals – they did wrinkle slightly as I applied them, but I gently smoothed them out and got rid of most wrinkles. I also expected them to be more opaque than they were. Only as I slid them off the white backing did I see they were a little translucent. I still liked the way they looked on the nail, but you could use a white base to make the colours pop more. There are a lot of other great patterns available in these decals on the Born Pretty Store website! If you decide to make a purchase, you can use the code KGG10 for 10% off.
Have you tried full-nail water decals before? What did you think of them?